Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Reincarnation into Unity

I am restarting this blog and re-dedicating it to Unity.   It's an amazing time to be a game developer right now, with Unity 5.0 and Unreal Engine both being free (to a certain extent on each, but nearly 100% free).   So, here I am to throw away my unread book on OpenGL and start from the start with my intro into Unity game development.  

First, I'll start by listing some resources I've loved using to get started again on Game Development.

1) Unity3D.com - tons of great tutorials on the engine and all of the documentation

2) answers.unity3d.com - haven't got a ton of usage out of this yet but I have asked a few questions.  You have to have a certain amount of rep to ask a question and not have it sit in the "waiting to be approved" step.   However, I don't know anything about Unity so how am I supposed to get upvoted?  Answers take a long time.

3) TheDebugLog.com - great podcast about Unity game development and game development in general.  Keeps me motivated, keeps me informed about the state of game dev.

4) Game Devs Like You podcast - another great podcast about game development in general.   Good to keep a pulse on the industry.

5) Twitter hashtags:  #gamedev #madewithunity #unitytips  -- I'll peruse through these and find some good stuff now and then

I'll update this post as I think of more useful Unity and game dev related stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment